Ohgo reports current road activity, speeds, incidents, travel delays, closures, and severe weather conditions for all of Ohio’s Highways.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Ohio roadways and interstates does OHGO report on?
- Ohgo reports road activity, speeds, incidents, travel times, closures, and winter road conditions for all of Ohio’s Highways.
- How timely is the traffic speed in Ohgo? How often is the data updated?
- Ohgo receives updated traffic speed data from remote sensors approximately every minute. The sensors provide average speeds for each direction of the roadway. They do not report individual speeds and are not used for law enforcement. The speeds are color-coded and represented on the speed display map.
- How do I use Ohgo? What do I do first?
- Ohgo allows you to view up-to-date information about ODOT-managed roadways throughout Ohio. First, you will select the location of the map in which you would like to view travel status. Major alerts will be displayed in the traffic panel on the left for desktop users, and will be displayed across the top of your browser for mobile users. Road closures and travel delays for the area you are viewing will be displayed in the traffic alert panel on the left for desktop users. By selecting the layer icon in the top right corner, you can add additional layers to the map to include incidents, construction, cameras, travel delays, severe weather, and digital signs.
- What types of road activity does Ohgo display?
- Severe Weather
- Travel Delays
- Is an SML or RSS feed available for Ohgo?
- If you wish to access and use current Ohgo data for your own site or applications, XML feeds are available for Ohgo web cameras and road activity data. API documentation explaining the XML data structure for these feeds is available here.